Sunday, March 18, 2007

Excursion in Bimboland

This is the next part in the series where [cmh] explores various entertainment establishments. To celebrate that the speedskating season is over a party was arranged at the infamous night club Cowboys in Calgary. My speedskating dutch roommate had been kind enough to get me a ticket. Country music, St. Patrick's Day, speedskaters, students and bimbos made for a somewhat bizarre mix. Probably I'm not exactly the kind of customer Cowboys are aiming for, I'm too old and elitistic, one should be young and ready to paaaarty. However, it was not as bad as I had thought. One detail I'm not quite sure what I think of was the fact that most of the bar staff were siliconbased females with very small skirts. The oldest sales trick in the book?

I hope that the next issue on the agenda for bar and restaurant employees after banning smoking will be the soundlevel. I would not like to work five days a week in such an audio environment. Staff in countrybars ought to get extra pay due to the especially nasty noise the are exposed to.

Some figures:
No. of Dutchmen: >10
No. of Norwegians: >10
No. of physicists: >1
No. of three-time-olympic champions: >0
No. of fake breasts: >10

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice story! Good on you that you're publishing the posts in English aswell. I hope you will continue doing that. Next time the exploring adventure will end up in a 'biergarten'? CU Cor (the Dutch roommate)